e-MSion’s ExD cell provides you with a range of extended capabilities for running your experiments. The tunable electron energy (0.3-100 eV) allows to analyze compounds from small lipids up to multimeric megadalton complexes.
Typical applications are:
- top-down analysis of proteins, biologics and non-covalent complexes
- analysis of labile or difficult post-translational modifications (PTM’s) such as phosphorylations (including those on Lys, Arg and His residues), sulfatations, deamidation (Asp/isoAsp differentiation) or γ-Carboxyglutamate
- Hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HDX) for protein structure characterization
- collisional induced unfolding for protein structure analysis
- de-novo sequencing (Leu/Ile differentiation)
- glycan intraring cleavage for connectivity analysis
- lipid fragmentation
Some of the applications require the usage of IMS in combination with ECD and are thus exclusively available on Waters Synapt technology.